- September 1 ‐ October 1, 2013: $300 Early Bird Registration period. Registration between these dates will be available at the discounted rate of $300 per team.
- September 1 ‐ October 15, 2013: The discounted rate of $300 per team will be extended to chapters registering two or more teams for the competition (one discount will be applied per team).
- September 20, 2013: The problem will be released on Westlaw via the FDMCC Twen Site.
- October 2 ‐ November 11, 2013: $350 Regular Registration period.
- November 11, 2013: Registration deadline.
- October 12, 2013 (midnight EST): Answers to substantive questions, scoring rubric and sheets.
- Three (3) bound copies of each team's brief must be postmarked no later than, 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 to the National Director to avoid point deductions/penalties.
- An electronic version of the brief must be uploaded to The West Education Network (TWEN)at www.lawschool.westlaw.com under the "National Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition" course. This upload must be completed by 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 to avoid point deductions/penalties
- No brief will be accepted after the postmark date of Tuesday, November 26, 2013.
- March 12-16, 2014: 2014 National Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition will take place in Milwaukee, WI.
- Schools sending teams for the first time is $250 until the end of the registration period (Nov. 11th).
For additional information regarding Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition, contact Rashad Pendarvis, National Moot Court Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Qualifying Rounds
• WRBLSA | Sacramento, CA: January 15 - January 18, 2014
• RMBLSA | Austin, TX: February 19 - February 23, 2014
• NEBLSA | Albany, NY: January 22 - January 26, 2014
• SRBLSA | Jacksonville, FL: February 12 - February 16, 2014
• MWBLSA | Minneapolis, MN: January 28 - February 1, 2014
• MABLSA | Portsmouth, VA: February 5 - February 9, 2014
All competitors are required to be registered members of NBLSA in order to compete in FDMCC.
To become an official member of NBLSA for the 2013 - 2014 academic year today, please contact your chapter president. National membership dues are $35 for all law students who register and pay on or before November 1, 2013. Thereafter, membership dues are $50 per person. Lastly, local BLSA chapters maintain the right to collect local dues.
If you have additional question please contact Ms. Brittne Ballenger, National Director of Membership, at email@example.com.