Join NBLSA on the Day of Action for Opportunity!
If you are in the greater DC area or will be able to travel to DC on the day of oral arguments:If you are farther away, but still plan on participating in an event on the day of oral arguments:
Awareness and the Media:
- Attend a NBLSA Regional Event at Noon on October 10, 2012 with your school's BLSA chapter. (A full list of planned events around the country in NBLSA regions is forthcoming).
- Collaborate with other social justice-minded organizations and plan a public event in your area or at your school (e.g. ACLU, NAACP, etc.). (Notify your Regional Director of Social Action or Attorney General of the plans for your event by October 8).
- Join NBLSA's SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
- Write a letter to your local newspaper. Contact your local TV news station to cover your rally. For assistance with media outreach to gain news and TV coverage, contact the National Director of Public Relations at publicrelations @nblsa.org.
- Create a Mobilization Flyer that describes the Day of Action for Opportunity and the importance of the Fisher case briefly.
- Take a picture of a diverse group of individuals on your campus and in your BLSA group and send the picture to the National Director of Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.