• September 1 ‐ October 1, 2013: $300 Early Bird Registration period. Registration between these dates will be available at the discounted rate of $300 per team.
• September 1 ‐ October 15, 2012: The discounted rate of $300 per team will be extended to chapters registering two or more teams for the competition (one discount will be applied per team).
• September 15, 2013: The problem will be released on Westlaw via the FDMCC sponsored by BARBRI Twen Site.
• October 2 ‐ November 4, 2013: $350 Regular Registration period.
• November 4, 2013: Registration deadline.
• October 31, 2013 (midnight EST): Answers to substantive questions, scoring rubric and sheets.
• November 22, 2013: All team briefs are due.
• November 29, 2013: Deadline for late service of briefs.
• March 11-16, 2014: 2014 National Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition sponsored by BARBRI will take place in Milwaukee, WI.
• Schools sending teams for the first time is $250 until the end of the registration period (Nov. 4th).
• This year's problem incorporates the areas of criminal law, military law and administrative law with respect to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
• Synopsis: An inmate, who is a former military service member with a history of committing sexual assault crimes and/or crimes of terrorism either during or after his military service, suffers from medical conditions, which cause him to retain an attorney and request a transfer from federal prison.